Loan Specialist - Evenings/Weekends
Let's enhance lives together!
Flexible schedule within these parameters: Hours for this position will fall in the ranges of 12pm-10pm Monday-Friday and 10 am – 10 pm Saturday-Sunday. Only 2 nights worked till 10pm Monday-Friday. Only 2 weekends a month required.
At Veterans United we help Veterans buy homes. We are the nation's #1 VA lender and over 97% of our customers would recommend us. This may sound like a brag but it's only possible because we have a team of talented and committed employees working hard, every day, to make a difference for the people we serve; the men and women who sacrificed for our country. We find it's easy to give your best when you serve the brave.
We're looking for someone who can be passionate about their job and have fun doing it, who will deliver results with integrity, and who enjoys finding ways to enhance the lives of others every day. As a Loan Specialist, you will help Veterans and service members understand the VA loan benefit and get them started with the process to obtain a loan. You will often serve as the first point of contact with borrowers.
Job duties will vary upon assignment but may include:
- Educate borrowers on loan process and product/service alternatives.
- Interview borrowers and obtain and/or verify information and documentation.
- Analyze borrower credit for pre-approval or denial of loan applications.
- Make initial contact and respond promptly to customer inquiries to collect borrower financial and credit information.
- Process borrower credit information through online approval system.
- Inform borrowers on future loan documentation requests, including borrowers income and asset information.
We also want to know you can demonstrate these attributes:
- Superior organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- A strong work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Willingness and drive to become a licensed mortgage professional.
- Must be able to work assigned shifts within this timeframe: 12pm-10pm Monday-Friday and 10am-10pm Saturday-Sunday.
- The ability to not only survive, but also thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Previous customer service and sales experience preferred.
- Must be NMLS licensed or become licensed upon employment.
Veterans United Home Loans and its affiliates are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected classifications.