Application Process: Send a completed application, resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Full Job Description
Title: Assistant Vice President of Business Lending
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Senior Vice President of Finance
Purpose: To help create and maintain the portfolio and reputation of the Economic Development Council (EDC) of St. Charles County as one of the top SBA lenders in the State of Missouri --- known for excellent customer service, attention to detail, and rapid response to client needs --- through marketing our financial programs, engaging in positive interactions with borrowers and lenders, and by providing vital support services to the SVP.
Successful outcomes for the leader in this position include:
- Measurable increase in loan application, closings, and disbursements compared to the prior year.
- Measurable increase in loan program revenues to the EDC compared to the prior year.
- Increased awareness of EDC finance programs by bankers, businesses, and borrowers throughout the State of Missouri and metro St. Louis area
- Assist with the pursuit of annual awards about EDC finance programs and successful borrowers from the SBA, NADCO, and other national, regional, and state agencies.
- Engage with all service divisions of the EDC to actively connect financial programs to other organizational efforts such as business incubation or business attraction and retention.
- Successful completion each year of professional development and continuing education requirements and/or training opportunities to expand the skills and career of this team member.
- Gathers initial loan information and screens for program eligibility, obtains required information from applicant and bank, structures the request, analyzes the financial statements, and makes recommendations regarding the creditworthiness of the loan and maintains communication with bank throughout the approval process.
- Responsible for gathering and analyzing credit information on potential borrowers for underwriting and loan processing.
- Evaluate loan risk and monitor creditworthiness of borrowers making recommendations.
- Assist small business owners to secure financing by completing necessary paperwork and submitting to the EDC Loan Committee and the SBA for final approval.
- Monitor the progress of applications.
- Assist with issues related to servicing and closing of loans.
- Maintain and apply a thorough understanding of SBA eligibility and all necessary business practices to ensure the submission of accurate and complete loan application packages.
- Promotes the EDC by maintaining a strong relationship with borrowers and lenders
- Provides reporting and support to the Missouri Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
- Other duties as assigned.
Characteristics and Experience Needed for Position:
- Strong leadership skills that allow individual to persuasively communicate detailed information to bankers, business borrowers, Board and Committee members, staff with EDC, SBA, NADCO and others.
- Proven leadership and self-starter skills to go from attracting loan applicants, to helping with the necessary paperwork, to providing analysis and recommendations, to shepherding an application from approval through closing and disbursement, to servicing and engaging with the borrower and their commercial bank during the life of the loan.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including competency in Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Strong ethical character and ability to handle highly confidential information and financial matters.
- Ability to embrace and implement continuous improvement for this position, and ability to suggest continuous improvement positively and constructively for the organization.
- Leadership is focused on producing consistent, accurate, and quality work. Leads by example, with a supportive, non-threatening, positive and friendly style.
- Minimum of BA or BS degree required
- Experience in commercial loans and strong marketing skills.
- Minimum of three years of experience in finance, preferably in a banking environment
The position will require talking, listening, reading, and sitting for long periods working at a computer screen. This position requires some flexibility of work schedule.
The position will be in a climate-controlled office in the EDC offices located in St. Peters, Missouri, and could require some travel, both during the week or occasionally over the weekend. The nature of the position requires the Assistant Vice President of Finance to occasionally participate in evening events.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement of Inclusion:
The EDC of St. Charles County extends equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified individuals, regarding and all terms and conditions of employment.
The Economic Development Center (EDC) of St. Charles County is a public-private organization that promotes economic growth and development in St. Charles County, the St. Louis region, and the State of Missouri. Founded in 1990, the EDC’s core services are business attraction and retention, business financing, business incubation, business counseling, regional marketing, and public policy initiatives. As a non-governmental, 501(c)4 public-private partnership, the EDC annual budget is approximately $2.4 million, which includes approximately 10% funding from local government. The EDC is governed by a 29-member volunteer board made up of local government representatives, members of the St. Charles County Industrial Development Authority (IDA) and the Partners for Community Progress of Greater St. Charles, and other at-large business and civic members. The EDC mission is to be “a catalyst fostering growth so businesses, institutions, communities, and individuals succeed and flourish in St. Charles County and metro St. Louis.” To learn more, visit www.edcscc.com
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance