National Cart Company was founded in 1979. Four decades later, we continue to grow and prosper as a family owned and operated business. We're a leader in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of material handling products, food service products, and store fixtures.
Job Summary: The Accountant conducts various tasks to assist the CFO with collecting, recording, and presenting financial information.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field and/or relevant accounting experience.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Needs strong decision-making, analytical, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills.
- Should have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work well under short time constraints and pressure.
- Should be a team player and willing to assist with all company initiatives.
- Must be able to work well with internal and externals customers.
- Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Cost Accounting preferred.
- Must be able to work extended hours before and after shift as required.
- Calculates and reports various daily/weekly metrics.
- Prepares month end reporting and performs periodic maintenance.
- Conducts standard costing maintenance.
- Keeps all importing records.
- Assists with customer billing.
- Processes customer credit applications.
- Enters cash receipts.
- Processes check deposits.
- Maintains and reconciles bank account transactions.
- Validates bank disbursements.
- Responsible for collections on past due invoices.
- Licenses vehicles.
- Reconciles and logs temporary associate labor reports.
- Maintains carrier records for NCC benefits.
- Validates broker invoices.
- Manages petty cash recording and disbursements.
- Responsible for sales tax registrations, exemption certificates, and maintaining tax codes.
- Prepares overseas vendor' payments.
- Processes credit card transactions.
- Maintains insurance records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee Benefits: Quarterly bonus - 401k (Dollar for dollar up to 5%), Health, Dental, Vision insurance, Life Insurance, Short and Long-term disability insurance, generous paid time off, NCC Cart Cash (money that can be used to offset insurance cost), tuition reimbursement, profit sharing, paid holidays, weekly pay period, team building activities, safety and work attire provided, and more!