Board of Directors Application
Chamber Bylaws Section 3.03. Election of Directors
The Executive Committee (proceeding in accordance with Section 3.16) shall nominate, from the membership (including Entity Designees) of the Chamber, a slate of directors to replace the elected directors whose regular two-year terms are expiring shall be presented to the general membership by October 1 through a special mailing, website, or electronic mail. The Executive Committee shall confirm, by personal contact, that the candidates are willing to accept the directorship responsibility. A list of the candidates so nominated shall be kept on file in the Chamber’s office. Five (5) percent of the Chamber may nominate any additional candidate(s) by filing such nomination in writing, with the President/CEO before November 1. Nominees from the membership shall be given the opportunity to address the board. If no petitions are received by November 1, the original slate of directors will be declared elected. All newly elected Board members shall be seated at the regular December Board meeting; the current year’s Board of Directors must then conclude their business and retire. At that December meeting, immediately after the retirement of the current year’s Board, the next year, a Board shall constitute itself, and the newly elected Board members shall be participating members thereafter. The election of the next year’s officers shall be its first agenda item.
The Chamber membership affirms the new board members through a vote at the Chamber’s Annual Meeting in December.
Thank you for your interest in serving as a member of the Board of Directors of the Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce. Serving on the board is a rewarding experience and an opportunity for professional growth. Completing this form will help you understand the skills and time/resource commitments of this leadership position.
You may find it helpful to read through the entire application and job description before you begin filling it out. Please return the completed application to the Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce, Attn: Scott Tate, 5988 Mid Rivers Mall Drive, St. Charles, MO 63304 or e-mail Scott@GSTCCC.com.
This application will be kept confidential and on file at the Chamber office. Applications are used by the Chamber’s Executive Committee to identify and evaluate potential board candidates.
A candidate for the Board will typically possess the following qualifications:
- A pattern of attending meetings and events held by the Chamber for at least one year prior to becoming a Board member;
- Hold a position of authority in his/her place of business;
- Be involved in other non-profit, service, civic, cultural or charitable organizations in St. Charles County; and
- Possess such other qualifications as the Executive Committee deems appropriate.
Board Member Job Description
- Serves a minimum of 1 two-year term on the Board. Eligible to serve 3 two-year terms.
- Accountable to the Chamber Board of Directors.
- Attends monthly board meetings. (Board meeting dates are set in December by members of the incoming board.)
- Makes a serious commitment to participate actively in Chamber programs, events and committees.
- Stays informed about Chamber / business / community issues, prepares themselves for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Participates in the board’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Assists in membership recruitment and fund-raising efforts for the Chamber.