Join us on
Saturday, December 2, 2017
for the 7th annual
Santa's North Pole Dash & Children's Snowman
in Historic St. Charles
Children's Dash begins at 8:00 am at Riverside Drive & Jefferson
5K & 1-Mile Walk starts at 8:30 am at Riverside Drive & Pike Street
2016 Santa's North Pole Dash
- Thursday, November 30, 2017 from Noon to 8 pm at the Des Peres Fleet Feet Store, located at 11731 Manchester Road, Des Peres, MO 63131.
- Friday, December 1, 2017 from 10 am to 8 pm at the St. Charles Fleet Feet Store, located at 3813 Mexico Road St. Charles, MO 63303.
- Race Day (12/2/17) from 6:30 am to 8:00 am behind the Greater St. Charles Convention and Visitors Bureau (Tourism Center), located at 230 S. Main Street at the corner of First Capitol and Main.
One Day Deals
Immediately following the race, stay to shop on Main Street. Many shopkeepers are offering One Day Deals to our runners and elves. Simply shop in their store wearing your Santa shirt (no beards or hats) and receive their discounted offer.
- Baubles, Bites & Boots, Inc. - 107 N. Main Street; Enjoy 15% off regular priced merchandise.
- Bike Stop Outpost - 610 South Main Street; 20% off 1 (one) item. (Sale items & bikes excluded)
- Butterfly & Moon - 814 S. Main Street; Choice of free Peppermint Moisturizer sample or Santa jingle bell necklace AND $5 off purchase of $25 or more.
- The Glass Workbench, Inc. - 318 S. Main Street; Participants receive 20% off any one item.
- Love My Backyard - 409 S. Main Street; 15% off to all participants who wear their shirt when shopping on the day of the run.
- MOss Boutique - 329 S. Main Street; 15% off entire purchase excluding sale items - offer only valid on December 2, 2017.
- Picasso's Coffee - 101 N. Main Street; 25% off one beverage (alcohol excluded) for participants and volunteers. Limit one per customer, cannot be combined with any other offer.
- Riverside Sweets - 416 S. Main Street; Receive 10% off your purchase.
- Valenti's Delicatessen - 105 N. Main Street, opening at 7 am for breakfast. All participants wearing their 2017 Santa Dash shirts will receive a free cup of hot cocoa.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay for my registration by check or credit card during packet pick up?
This year, in conjunction with the team at Fleet Feet Sports, race registrations will be taken electronically through the Fleet Feet website. Racers have the option to pay online with a credit card at the time of registration or by mailing in a check. Those participants who choose to pay by check will not need to pay the credit card processing fee. ** All payments must be submitted before Wednesday, November 22, 2017. Bib numbers will be generated for racers who have submitted payment by the deadline or before a sell out. Those who register and choose to pay by check, will have their registration on "hold" until payment is made. A registration on hold does not guarantee you a spot in the run.
** For those registering during our Early Bird Special and paying via Check / Cash - your registration fees MUST be paid in full before 7/15/2017. Those registrations still outstanding will be voided and removed from the system. You will then need to re-register at the current pricing.
Do I need a confirmation email to pick up my packet?
Where do we park?
There are several parking lots available to park in including the City’s free parking garage located at 2nd Street and Morgan, the Boathouse parking lot, located at the corner of Boone’s Lick Road and Riverside Drive, and the AT&T lot located at Clark and 2nd Street and the Foundry Art Centre parking lot located at the intersection of North Main Street and Riverside Drive. Street parking on Riverside Drive and Main Street will NOT be allowed. Also, there will be no parking in the public parking lots between First Capitol Drive and Boone's Lick Road
Can someone pick up my packet for me?
Yes, you do not need a confirmation or drivers license to pick up for another participant.
When and where is the Kids run?
This year, the kids run will begin at 8:00 am at the intersection of Jefferson and Riverside Drive. Kids should meet by the crosswalk at Jefferson Street & Riverside Drive so they can end at the finish Line for the 5K run. All kids will receive a medal for participating.
Can I register on race morning?
Yes, we will be accepting registrations on the day of the run this year as long as costumes are available. The cost to register on race day is $45 for the 5K run and $40 for the 1-Mile Walk. The cost for the Children's Snowman Shuffle will be $25.
Can I exchange my shirt size?
Clean, unworn shirts can be exchanged once packet pick up is complete and after the race concludes on the morning of the race. Shirt sizes are not guaranteed.
Are strollers allowed?
Strollers are allowed, but at the back of the pack.
Are dogs allowed?
Pets are not allowed in Frontier Park during Special Events and Festivals per city ordinance.
Can I pick up my packet on race morning?
Packet pick up will be held from 6:30 am to 8:00 am behind the Convention and Visitor’s bureau, located at 230 S. Main Street in Historic St. Charles.
I missed the awards ceremony, but won an award. How can I obtain my award?
You can call the offices of the Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce the following week. We will not be mailing awards, so you'll need to make arrangements to come by our office to pick up. The phone number is 636-946-0633.
What are your criteria for canceling the race?
By definition, all unforeseeable events or occurrences that may affect the Santa’s North Pole Dash cannot be succinctly defined. GSTCCC acknowledges that its events are in East Central Missouri where cold and icy days are common in the winter. As such, the Santa’s North Pole Dash generally shall occur come rain, snow or shine because GSTCCC understands the training and expense participants have invested in competing in our race and training.
Can I get a refund?
If you decide not to participate or the race is cancelled, GSTCCC will not provide refunds to participants, sponsors, vendors, or others who have expended funds on the race. The Santa’s North Pole Dash requires an extensive amount of planning and pre-event expenses that include proper permitting, course control, and the purchase of food and beverages, shirts, and race awards.
Can the event be delayed or postponed due to inclement weather?
It is not possible for us to delay or postpone our race by even an hour or two. The goal of the Santa’s North Pole Dash is for our athletes to participate in our run and stay in the historic district to enjoy the fine dining and shopping venues available during the holiday season. We cannot hamper the small business owners in Historic St. Charles by closing down the streets during their busiest retail season to conduct our race.
Shopping - Santa Shops Here
Many Main Street Merchants offer 1-Day Deals to participants who wear their race shirts into their business. If you are a business who would like to offer our participants a great deal on the day of the run, let us know so we can promote it!
2017 Post Race Party / Breakfast Sponsor
Sponsorship for this is available.
Call the Chamber office to get your logo here! 636/946-0633
2017 Finish Line Sponsor