On behalf of the Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and staff, we want to thank the sponsors, volunteers, runners, and walkers for making this year's Santa's North Pole Dash one of the best!! Thank you to Square 1 Media Productions for putting together a video that captures the festive nature of our run. Mark your calendar for next year's race - December 2, 2017.
Join us on Saturday, December 2, 2017
for the 7th annual Santa's North Pole Dash
and Children's Snowman Shuffle!
The Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce is a 501 (c) 6 non-profit organization whose mission is: We advocate for our business community by developing opportunities and partnerships that strengthen the economic prosperity and sustainability of our region.
Santa's North Pole Dash and Children's Snowman Shuffle is a fundraiser for the Greater St. Charles County Chamber. Money raised will be used to help support our operations.
Social Media - Use #SantaDash2016 #HOHOHOCember #2017SantaDash
2016 Santa's North Pole Dash
- Thursday, December 1, 2016 from Noon to 8 pm at the Des Peres Fleet Feet Store, located at 11731 Manchester Road, Des Peres, MO 63131.
- Friday, December 2, 2016 from 10 am to 8 pm at the St. Charles Fleet Feet Store, located at 3813 Mexico Road St. Charles, MO 63303.
- Race Day (12/3/16) from 6:30 am to 8:00 am behind the Greater St. Charles Convention and Visitors Bureau (Tourism Center), located at 230 S. Main Street at the corner of First Capitol and Main.
One Day Deals
Immediately following the race, stay to shop on Main Street. Many shopkeepers are offering One Day Deals to our runners and elves. Simply shop in their store wearing your Santa shirt (no beards or hats) and receive their discounted offer. The following is our current list of offers:
- Abigail’s Apparel – 124 South Main Street; 15% off any purchase.
- April’s on Main – 222 North Main Street; 15% off any purchase.
- Centuries Past Antiques – 104 South Main Street (REAR); 10% off any purchase.
- Handmade on Main – 524 South Main Street; 10% off everything in the store.
- Hardware of the Past – 405 North Main Street; 20% discount on all sales.
- Jake's on Main - 136 South Main Street; Take $5 off of a $25 purchase.
- Joan of ARC – 525 S. Main Street; 10% off.
- Love My Backyard - 409 South Main Street; Receive 15% off your purchase.
- Main Street Gym - 334 North Main Street; Buy One – Get One Free Protein Shakes on the day of the race.
- MOss Boutique – 329 South Main Street; 10% off all regular merchandise.
- Nic Nac Stop – 415 South Main Street; 10% off anything over $5. Also Free Scarf clip with purchase of a scarf.
- Olde Town Spice Shoppe – 334 South Main Street; One FREE mini Santa gift bag with any purchase over $5 (while supplies last, one gift per customer).
- Picasso's Coffee - 101 North Main Street; 25% off any coffee beverage(alcohol excluded) for all participants of the race (limit one per customer).
- Siostra Polish Pottery & Gifts – 330 South Main Street; 10% discount off their entire purchase (day of the event only)
- String Along With Me – 625 South Main Street; 10% off purchase + a FREE gift.
- Sugar Cubed – 917 South Main Street; Free gourmet cotton candy cone or bag of fresh popcorn with any $20 purchase.
- The Art Cellar of St. Charles – 205 South Main Street; $5 off adult painting or masaic walk in projects from Noon to 3 pm only.
- The Flower Petaler – 620 South Main Street; 20% off storewide on Regular priced merchandise.
- The Gift Nook - 413 South Main Street; 15% off all merchandise.
- The Glass Workbench – 318 South Main Street; 20% off any one item.
- The Hobby Girls and Photos-by-Shell – 418 South Main Street; 10% off everything except Wedding Etc. items.
- Thistle and Clover – 424 South Main Street; Free elf ornament to participants wearing their run shirts.
Many pubs and restaurants on Main Street will be offering specials to Santa’s Gingerbread Men & Elves wearing their shirts in their establishments. Be sure to ask your server if they have any specials that day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay for my registration by check or credit card during packet pick up?
This year, in conjunction with the team at Fleet Feet Sports, race registrations will be taken electronically through the Fleet Feet website. Racers have the option to pay online with a credit card at the time of registration or by mailing in a check. Those participants who choose to pay by check will not need to pay the credit card processing fee. All payments must be submitted before Wednesday, November 23, 2016. Bib numbers will be generated for racers who have submitted payment by the deadline or before a sell out. Those who register and choose to pay by check, will have their registration on "hold" until payment is made. A registration on hold does not guarantee you a spot in the run.
Do I need a confirmation email to pick up my packet?
Where do we park?
There are several parking lots available to park in including the City’s free parking garage located at 2nd Street and Morgan, the Boathouse parking lot, located at the corner of Boone’s Lick Road and Riverside Drive, and the AT&T lot located at Clark and 2nd Street and the Foundry Art Centre parking lot located at the intersection of North Main Street and Riverside Drive. Street parking on Riverside Drive and Main Street will NOT be allowed. Also, there will be no parking in the public parking lots between First Capitol Drive and Boone's Lick Road
Can someone pick up my packet for me?
Yes, you do not need a confirmation or drivers license to pick up for another participant.
When and where is the Kids run?
This year, the kids run will begin at 8:00 am at the intersection of Jefferson and Riverside Drive. Kids should meet by the crosswalk at First Capitol Drive and Riverside (by the Jaycee Stage and finish line) They will walk to Riverside and Jefferson so they can end at the finish Line for the 5K run. All kids will receive a medal for participating.
Can I register on race morning?
Yes, we will be accepting registrations on the day of the run this year. The cost to register on race day is $45 for the 5K run and $40 for the 1-Mile Walk.
Can I exchange my shirt size?
Clean, unworn shirts can be exchanged once packet pick up is complete and before the race begins on the morning of the race. Shirt sizes are not guaranteed.
Are strollers allowed?
Strollers are allowed, but at the back of the pack.
Are dogs allowed?
We discourage dogs from participating. Pets are not allowed in Frontier Park during Special Events and Festivals per city ordinance.
Can I pick up my packet on race morning?
Packet pick up will be held from 6:30 am to 8:00 am behind the Convention and Visitor’s bureau, located at 230 S. Main Street in Historic St. Charles.
I missed the awards ceremony, but won an award. How can I obtain my award?
You can call the offices of the Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce the following week. The phone number is 636-946-0633.
What are your criteria for canceling the race?
By definition, all unforeseeable events or occurrences that may affect the Santa’s North Pole Dash cannot be succinctly defined. GSTCCC acknowledges that its events are in East Central Missouri where cold and icy days are common in the winter. As such, the Santa’s North Pole Dash generally shall occur come rain, snow or shine because GSTCCC understands the training and expense participants have invested in competing in our race and training.
Can I get a refund?
If you decide not to participate or the race is cancelled, GSTCCC will not provide refunds to participants, sponsors, vendors, or others who have expended funds on the race. The Santa’s North Pole Dash requires an extensive amount of planning and pre-event expenses that include proper permitting, course control, and the purchase of food and beverages, shirts, and race awards.
Can the event be delayed or postponed due to inclement weather?
It is not possible for us to delay or postpone our race by even an hour or two. The goal of the Santa’s North Pole Dash is for our athletes to participate in our run and stay in the historic district to enjoy the fine dining and shopping venues available during the holiday season. We cannot hamper the small business owners in Historic St. Charles by closing down the streets during their busiest retail season to conduct our race.
Shopping - Santa Shops Here
Many Main Street Merchants offer 1-Day Deals to participants who wear their race shirts into their business. If you are a business who would like to offer our participants a great deal on the day of the run, let us know so we can promote it!
2016 Post Race Party / Breakfast Sponsor
Sponsorship for this is available.
Call the Chamber office to get your logo here! 636/946-0633
2016 Finish Line Sponsor