Director of Development
The Director of Development is responsible for Community Living’s comprehensive fundraising program and development initiatives, including the planning, implementation and evaluation of all fundraising activities. The Director will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gifts, planned giving, annual gifts, special events, and other fundraising activities. The Director will work closely with the CEO and Board of Directors in all development and fundraising efforts.
The Director of Development will develop, implement and evaluate fundraising goals and objectives in conjunction with Community Living’s annual budget and Strategic Plan. Other tasks will include donor solicitations, identifying potential grant opportunities and preparation of proposals, and preparing and presenting reports on fundraising. The Director of Development will establish and cultivate relationships with board members, community leaders and department directors to provide an effective and integrated approach to customer service, donor relations, and fundraising. This Director will monitor fundraising trends through industry, community affiliations and associations, and assist with creation of the Annual Report. This role will also direct and supervise all members of the Development Department and prepare a departmental budget. The Director of Development will provide assistance with other Community Living administrative duties, as directed.
This is a full time position, must be willing to work a flexible schedule (early morning, late evenings and weekends) and requires some travel to agency sites and community venues within the Greater St. Louis area.
Pay rate: Commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of five years’ experience in development, fundraising, public relations and special events. Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Experience with fundraising data bases, windows office and current social media is required.
- Possess oral and written communication skills as well as decision making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with employees and management at all levels of Community Living, Inc.
- Possess the ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Establish and monitor department budgets and financials.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure and be able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Must meet prerequisites for employment, which includes:
- Pre-employment drug test
- Criminal Background Check
- Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List Check
If you are looking for a career that offers growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits and a rewarding job experience – Work with a Purpose and apply today.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.communitylivingmo.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran