Share Pregnancy & Infant Support Loss, Inc. (Share) is a non-profit organization that serves those whose lives are touched by the death of a baby through pregnancy loss, stillbirth or infancy. Share provides caring support for bereaved families and guides them to a place of healing. All programs and services are offered to bereaved parents free of charge.
All employees of Share must be committed to fulfilling the agency’s mission as well as represent Share in a professional manner in the office, at Share events and in the general public.
The Development Director works closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and PR Coordinator, to identify, cultivate and solicit support from individuals, corporations, and foundations. The position requires a proven leader who is flexible and can promote Share’s mission and vision to a wide variety of stakeholders, donors and prospects. The DD is responsible for planning and managing all aspects of the organization’s strategic direction for fundraising and donor development.
- Create and implement a comprehensive development plan including, but not limited to, third party fundraising, direct mail, corporate development, and major gifts
- Plan and oversee all annual fundraising events
- Maintain a visible presence in the community by attending events/conferences in order to engage prospects/donors and build relationships.
- Responsible for entering gifts and gift acknowledgment, including receipts, thank you letters, and the tracking of donor relations and stewardship activities in database
- Overseeing the launch of an Endowment Campaign
- Responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major donors
- Provide support for volunteers and manage event volunteer recruitment.
- Identify, prepare and submit asks/sponsorship requests for special events.
- Serve as a liaison to the Development Committee
- In coordination with PR Coordinator, some website and social media updates
- Works with the Executive Director and Account Manager to develop an annual budget
- Researches, writes and applies for grants. Maintains annual calendar for grants submission and progress reports as requested by donors
- Speaks on behalf of Share in the community
- Attends Board and committee meetings as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years development experience with a non-profit
- Proven track record of achieving fundraising goals
- Ability to articulate the overall mission
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
- Marketing and presentation skills
- Ability to solicit major gifts
- Budget management skills including budget preparation, analysis, and decision-making
- Grant writing experience
- Ability to diffuse difficult situations and/or handle controversy with decorum and composure
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some early mornings, evenings, and weekends, as necessary
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Graphic design knowledge
- Knowledge of Endowment campaigns
- Hands-on participation with event set-up is required.
- Ability to lift items from floor to shoulder level and carry a minimum of 20 pounds.