Seyer Industries - CNC Machinist
WHY DO OUR EMPLOYEES LOVE WORKING AT SEYER INDUSTRIES?
- This is a career, not just a job.
- We are growing and have big opportunities ahead of us.
- We offer monthly efficiency incentives that are achievable – In the last five (5) years; we hit our goals and received the incentive payout 56 out of 60 months!
- Overtime is available for all shifts, but not mandatory.
- Clean, well-lit, and climate controlled working environment that utilizes 5S principles for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Earned Time Off (ETO) is awarded at six months (48 hours) and one year (96 hours).
- Seyer Industries pays 85% of the premium cost for Medical/Rx benefits.
- 401(k) with company match.
- The Weekend Shift offers a unique opportunity to work 36 hours and get paid for 40 hours! You receive 4 extra hours of pay each week. That equates to over 5 weeks (208 hours) of paid time per year!
WHAT WILL YOU DO AS A CNC MACHINIST AT SEYER INDUSTRIES?
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Program mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Set-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Load feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to 5S + 1 safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Document actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Conceptual Skills
- Process Improvement
- Verbal Communication
- Functional and Technical Skills
- Controls and Instrumentation
- Supply Management
- Inventory Control
- Attention to Detail
- Good Judgment
This full-time position works the weekend shift which includes three 12-hour shifts per week. The hours are Friday-Sunday from 5:00 am to 5:30 pm OR from 5:00 pm to 5:30 am. That means you will work 36 hours but get paid for 40! Plus overtime is available for all shifts (but not required!).
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR MANUFACTURING TEAM?
If you are looking for a position with a weekend shift and want a rewarding career as a CNC Machinist, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
To apply, please visit our website at www.seyerind.com and click on “Careers”. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability