I-70 Blanchette Bridge Schedule Announced
ST. CHARLES COUNTY– Motorists on Interstate 70 should expect possible delays during their commute beginning Monday, February 17 as crews start preparing for the eastbound I-70Blanchette Bridge rehabilitation project.
During this construction project there is potential for significant delays crossing the I-70 Blanchette Bridge. Motorists should consider using Route 370, Route 364 and Interstate 64/Route 40 as alternative routes. Traffic delays are expected during peak travel times from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. eastbound and 2:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. westbound.
Every day between Monday, February 17, through Friday, February 21, crews will close the following:
- Two eastbound right lanes closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Two westbound right lanes closed from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Starting at 8 p.m. Friday, February 21:
- Two left eastbound lanes and two left westbound lanes will be closed overnight for crews to place traffic barrier to prepare for the traffic switch.
- By 6 a.m. Saturday morning one left lane in both directions will be closed and will remain closed for up to three weeks.
- Crews will have up to two left eastbound lanes closed from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Two left westbound lanes will be closed from 7a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Various lanes will be closed over the weekend to restripe lanes and prepare to switch two eastbound lanes onto the westbound bridge. Westbound traffic will be reduced from five lanes to three lanes during this work.
- The on-ramp from Veterans Memorial Parkway to eastbound I-70 will close. This is the ramp just east of the convention center. This ramp will remain closed until November 2020. Drivers wishing to enter eastbound I-70 can use the 5th Street entrance ramp as an alternate route.
Westbound traffic will return to the original configuration by November 2020.
Additional lane closures during off-peak hours will only impact the eastbound bridge during the 2021 construction season.
The $33 million rehabilitation project awarded to KCI Construction Company will consist of replacing expansion joints, performing steel repairs on the truss and approach spans, and repainting the entire eastbound bridge.
All work is weather-permitting and may be shifted due to inclement weather.
Motorists are encouraged to sign up for any Blanchette Bridge project updates by sending an email to Blanchettei70@modot.mo.gov. Construction and an updated timeline can be found on the MoDOT webpage: modot.org/interstate-70-blanchette-missouri-river-bridge-project.
For more on roadway closures due to construction and additional work zone information go to http://traveler.modot.org/map. For real-time traffic, visit www.gatewayguide.com.